What Is The Use Of Protective Gloves
What is the use of Protective Gloves
Type of Protective Gloves
1. There are many varieties of Protective Gloves, which should be selected according to the protection function. First you should specify the object of protection and then choose carefully. For example, acid and alkali gloves, strong acid (alkali), a low concentration of acid (alkali), organic solvents and chemical reagents are different. So you can't use it to avoid accidents.
2. The waterproof and acid and alkali gloves should be carefully checked before use. If there is any damage on the surface, the simple method is to blow air into the glove and pinch the sleeve to observe whether the air is leaking. If air leakage is not used.
3. Rubber, plastic and other Protective Gloves should be rinsed and dried after use, avoid high temperature when kept, and sprinkle with talcum powder to prevent adhesion.
4. Insulation gloves should be inspected regularly for electrical insulation, which is not suitable for use.
5. Contact with strong oxidizing acid such as nitric acid and chromic acid, which can cause brittle, discoloration and early damage. High concentration of strong oxidized acid can even cause burning loss, should be observed.
6. Latex industrial gloves are only applicable to weak acid, high concentration of sulfuric acid and various kinds of salts, not to contact with strong oxidizing acid (nitric acid etc.).
Protective glove material
The material of gloves determines the protective property of gloves, which is the basis of gloves selection. Here are some common gloves.
1. Glove material for mechanical injury
(1) metal wire - common stainless steel wire and chromium alloy wire, mainly used to make anti-cutting gloves. This kind of material has the strongest anti-cutting performance and is easy to clean, but it is not convenient to use.
(2) the Kevlar, Spectra and other synthetic yarn - is also good, including synthetic fiber cutting resistance material, cutting resistance, though less wire, but qualitative light, use comfortable, and the improved and processing, some products can also be to the highest level of resistance to cut product standards.
(3) butyronitrile (lined with fabric) - has anti-wear and puncture performance, and is flexible and comfortable
(4) natural latex (with fabric lining) - excellent elasticity, especially flexible, with certain anti-wear, tear resistance and anti-cutting performance.
(5) PVC (with fabric lining) -- can provide certain wear and puncture protection. If the material is thicker, it can also have some anti-cutting ability, but it does not resist tearing.
(6) leather - natural materials, Protective Gloves through various tanning treatment, have unique performance. The skin can be divided into: cow skin, its advantages are comfortable, durable, breathable and wear-resistant, through chromium processing, more durable, and can resist high temperature; Pig skin, pore is bulky, air permeability is best, after washing, still can maintain very good softness without hardening; Sheepskin is the most comfortable, most durable and anti-wear performance best, but because the price is too expensive, generally use only in the industry that has a high demand for tactility.
2. High temperature resistant Protective Gloves
Novoloid (1) - a new type of high-tech synthetic fiber, not melting, flame resistant, high temperature resistance, resistance to high temperature of 1100 ℃, soft and comfortable, and erosion resistant to many chemicals, even after repeated washing will not affect its high temperature resistance.
(2) Kevlar - is a widely used aromatic synthetic fiber that can not only resist cutting, but also resist high temperature damage.
(3) aluminum plating - can resist high temperature radiation heat.
(4) leather - if it is kept dry, it has good anti-low temperature performance, and its non-melting and non-burning characteristics are used to make electric welding gloves.
(5) cotton -- also a natural material that can be properly protected against high temperatures and low temperatures. However, due to the protection requirement, the gloves are thicker and the flexibility is not good enough.
3. The electric insulating gloves of gloves are specially designed and tested to ensure safety. Usually electric insulating gloves are made of pure natural latex. Latex and wet glue are two kinds. The insulating gloves made from wet glue are long in the processing cycle and high production cost, but the product is very flexible and very flexible. In addition, due to the particularity of charged operation, and the characteristics of electrical insulating gloves itself, when wear with such gloves, should first put on pure cotton gloves (absorb moisture, prevent slippery), wear latex gloves again, and then wear the Protective Gloves epithelium, avoid punctured by the sharp object.
4. Protective Gloves have a wide variety of chemical substances and different properties. Special attention should be paid to selecting anti-chemical gloves.
(1) natural latex -- in general, natural latex has a good protective effect on aqueous solutions such as acid and alkaline water. Its advantages are comfortable, flexible and flexible.
(2) butyronitrile - oil, lipid and petrochemical products of chemical substances.